Thursday, January 24, 2013

November 2012

November was an uneventful month. All of the kids entered the Reflections contest at school (Laylah because she wanted to, but Jonah and Daphne were assigned to). Laylah entered the 3D Art category and she sewed a pillow cover for it. She got an honorable mention and was super excited. Jonah entered photography, and Daphne entered literature. They didn't win anything, but they had fun doing it.

 
Laylah had her last soccer game of the season. She did so well this year and had fun.
 
This is JOnah's phot that he entered into Reflections. Daphne wrote a story about moving from VA back to UT.
 
We went to Hollywood Connections for Laylah's end of season soccer party. We had a potluck lunch and dessert. The kids had fun riding rides, skating, mini golfing, and playing arcade games. I hate that place though. it is so dirty and gross.






 
Me and my mom and all of my sisters (minus Rachel) went to dinner and to see the final installment of Twilight! It was a really fun night, even if the movie was pretty much a comedy. I love being with my family.
 
Another fun thing my mom and I did together was Midnight Madness at Gardner Village. It is a fun little tradition, and I found a few Christmas gifts for friends and family. My mom also got me a darling new Santa Claus decoration. My collection of Christmas decor just gets better and better every year thanks to her.
 
Bear had a Thanksgiving Feast at school. He got to dress up as a pilgrim.
 
We celebrated Thanksgiving at my parents house with my family. I made pretzel jello salad, sweet potato casserole, and bacon wrapped chestnuts. All of the food was incredible.

 Afterwards, we went to Andy's parents for dessert. Andy's mom made a bunch of pies, and I made apple cobbler. I was too full and only had a bite of cream cheese pie. It was yummy though.
 
Later that night, me and my sisters, Kaylie and Annette, went black Friday shopping. I scored some awesome deals and got almost all of my shopping done. It really bugs me that they start it earlier and earlier every year, but I need the good deals, so I keep going! I also love that I can shop kid free all night long. The next day, my parents watched the kids all day for us and Andy and I got the rest of the shopping done, besides a few odds and ends. It was fun spending the entire day together, because that doesn't happen very often.
 
For FHE, we set up our Christmas tree. I love how exciting it all is for the kids. I remember doing the same thing with my siblings when I was little, and I just have so many wonderful memories. Ahhh, life is good.

 
We had Christmas cookies afterwards
 
A couple days after that, I set the kids to writing their letters to Santa (even though I already knew what Santa would be bringing them) Laylah wanted rollerblades, Jonah wanted a game for his DS, Daphne wanted a diary that locks, Bear wanted Skylander Giants, and Magnus wanted a basketball hoop. The excitement in the air was contagious! I just love Christmas time!
 
And that was our November in a nutshell.

No comments: