Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jonah's Baptism

On August 4th, 2012, Jonah had a very special day. He had chosen to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I spent all night the night before prepping food with my mom and sisters. We also spent a couple hours putting the programs together. I love those bonding moments with my family. So special and so much fun :)

It was a beautiful day, and we got to the chapel a half hour early to set-up and take some photos.




Dressed in white


My mother-in-law gave a great talk on baptism about being clean and white and when we make a mistake, we get a spot. Luckily, we can get rid of those spots through repentance and be forgiven so we are clean and pure again. She put these cute little stickers on his face to represent the "spots". After that, Andy took Jonah into the font where he was baptized. I love the feeling of the Holy Ghost when it overwhelms me with the knowledge that I know it is true and I am so happy my children know it and are making steps in the right direction. 

After that, while Jonah and Andy were changing, my parents sang a musical number, and then my little sister Kaylie gave a wonderful talk on the Holy Ghost. She talked about how the Holy Ghost is our friend and we need to do our best so our friend wants to always be near us. It was great. After that, Jonah was given a blessing and received the Holy Ghost. It was so wonderful to watch all of the worthy men in my life walk up and surround my son and lay their hands upon him to give him a special blessing. Andy did a fabulous job.

After his baptism, we took a lot more pictures:
 best buddies





We went to my parents house for brunch afterwards. We had baked french toast with different flavors of syrup, bacon, fruit and fruit dip, orange juice, and donuts for dessert. Actually, the whole meal was pretty much a dessert.


Jonah received some very nice gifts from everyone. CTR tie tacks, a journal, ctr ring, picture of Christ, a bookmark, and a few other sweet and thoughtful things.

Andy and I gave him a new set of scriptures with a case and marking pencils.

I just have the greatest family who gives me so much love and support. It was so great to have everyone together to celebrate this wonderful day with us.




It was a wonderful, memorable day. I love you Jonah and am so proud of you!

No comments: