Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another "Thing"

On Thursday afternoon my left eye (which is the eye that has iritis) started hurting and it was a little pink looking. It also had a little bit of discharge coming out. At first I thought I was having an iritis relapse, and so I started my drops and thought I'd just call my doctor in the morning to be seen. Then later that evening I thought "Oh great, what if it's pink eye?" because with iritis, there is no discharge or anything like that. In the morning, my eye was completely sealed shut with goop. It was disgusting! I had to run warm water over my face before I could open my eye. So I called my doctor and they got me right in. Turns out I have another eye disease which is also associated with my auto-immune thing... it is called epi-something-itis (I wasn't really paying attention, and it was a weird long name ;) I asked the doctor "Why are all these eye things associated with a joint and bone disorder?" and he kinda laughed and said "That's a good question, and we have no idea." So for now, it's more antibiotics and eyedrops for me and a yucky looking eye that has... stuff... coming out of it. Yuck!

*After I wrote this and read through it, I realized that it sounded kind of negative. I'm really trying to be more positive and have a brighter outlook on life lately, so I had to come up with a "bright side" . I found one... the bright side of this is... supposedly this new eye thing is really painful, and because I am already on pain meds because of my other thing, I felt no pain. There's always a bright side if you just look for it! :)

4 comments:

Tara and David said...

oh Sarah, I am so sorry that all of this is happening to you. It is just crappy huh. Did you get my message about monday?

Travis and Cristan said...

What the crap...episomethingitis! I hate your stupid disease!I think its amazing that you are trying to find a bright side- I thought of soe too- at least your other eye doesn't have it, at least its not contageous, ummmm, thats about all! Iam sorry you have to deal with this, i wish you didn't!
Love you!

Rachel said...

You do not need another "thing"! I think you are amazing though at being optimistic! I hope the goop stops soon!

amberkei said...

I don't think it's all negative...you were just telling the story. That's pretty cruddy to have one more thing happening in the medical department for your family/you though. I sure hope you are feeling better. I guess it's good that you weren't in pain...pain while being a mom makes life so much worse! When you're feeling up to it let's plan something.