Monday, April 27, 2009

The Eyes


Well, Jo and I both had our eye appointments today and at both doctors there was GOOD news!!
Jo's doctor said that he has improved so much! I was so happy I could have cried. I have been vigilent and obsessive about his eye patch and he has pretty much been wearing it every waking moment. BUT, the doctors only concern was, now his right eye (the good one) may be regressing. Huh?! He said it could be because we just dialated Jo's eye yesterday (you know, those cursed drops that we have to put in his eye twice a week?) and that could be what is causing it because he didn't see as well out of that eye as he has previously. Just to make sure, we will go back in 4 weeks, and for those 4 weeks, Jo doesn't have to wear eyepatches OR have his drops! Hallelujah!!! Jo is pretty excited about that. I am a pretty happy momma.

And onto me. My eye has pretty much cleared up. I still need my drops for about 2 more weeks, because they need to be tapered off slowly. But it looks great and feels great. My doctor told me to come back in 6 months. That's what he said with the iritis, and I didn't make it that long. I hope I make it this time! I am a happy camper today :)

4 comments:

Becca and Brian said...

That is great new!! Its always a good day when things are going the way they should I'll be missin Jo's cute patch :( I'm sure he won't miss it!

Tara said...

Happy day! That is such great news. I love the toes by the way. My sister does them and mine are in need.

amberkei said...

Hooray! That's wonderful news...I really hope it continues to feel good. I love the booger song. Your kids crack me up!

SamandJasonfamily said...

Is this your eye?