Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday My Love











Sunday was Andy's birthday. He is 29! One more year... and he'll be 30...OLD!! We celebrated together on Saturday night. Thanks dad and mom for watching the kiddos! We had a delicious dinner at P.F. Changs and then went to Desert Star Theatre for some quality laughs. We saw "American Fork Idol". Since we have lived in "A.F." as the locals call it, it was even funnier. I seriously almost died laughing and highly recommend the show. We have never seen a bad show there... I would love to get season tickets someday. I was mortified though when I was pulled up on stage, along with another girl, to be part of the show (we had front row seats, right in the middle) and I felt like an idiot when I had to run across the stage screaming like a crazed fan. Andy said it was hilarious though, and I'm only glad I didn't have to do it alone. They also sang Happy Birthday to Andy at the end of the show. It was a really fun night.

On Sunday, I wanted Andy to be able to relax and just enjoy his day. I got up early and made yummy sausage omelets and scones, and then I got all the kids ready for church so he could relax. After church everyone took a nap while I made one of Andy's favorite dinners- BBQ pork ribs, parmesan garlic potatoes, spinach casserole (he just LOVES this... a little crazy, I know), fresh pineapple, and warm bread. It turned out delicious, if I do say so myself. Then I had invited both of our families over for cake and ice cream. I got Andy a Glaus (pronounced "gloss") cake (If you don't know what this is, I feel sorry for you... it's this tiny, amazing bakery that makes the best confections I have ever tasted...) and it was huge, and by the end of the night, almost gone. I got him some Wii games and remote, and also season 3 of The Office. He got some Jazz tickets, and also this awesome "man bag" (aka briefcase :) for work. We had a ton of fun, and I hope he had a great birthday.

I just want to brag about my man for a minute on his special day. Andy is the least selfish, and most giving person I know. He hates when I do a lot for him, because he would rather be doing for me. He is always thinking about others and giving service to those who need him. He is such a good missionary and he is always talking to our non-member neighbors and inviting them to our house or church, or asking what he can do for them. He is such a hard worker and does so much to provide for our family. He recently went back to school, even though he absolutely HATES it, just so he can get his bachelors and to better himself, and mostly because I wanted him to. He would do anything for anyone in need. He would give the coat off his back (and in fact, has before) to someone in need. He is such a good example to me of selfless love and compassion. I love my Andy with all my heart and I'm so grateful that I get to be with him forever. He is so patient with me and does so much for me. Of course we've had our ups and downs, but I don't think there is anyone out there who is better for me. I love you babe. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Travis and Cristan said...

I was just trying to explain the cakes your mom used to get for your b-days! I LOVE them and would have probably driven up there for a piece ;) anyways HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY...AGAIN

Mrs.Spy said...

Happy late birthday Andy from the Olsons!!!!

amberkei said...

Happy Birthday, Andy! Sarah, you are such a good wife...no wonder Andy loves you so much!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Looks like you guys have a busy month for birthdays. That cake looks so good and the dinner you made sounded gourmet. You are a very sweet wife!
P.S. I'm jealous that Baron is walking, I'm dying for Lydia to start so I can give my back a rest (ha ha ha!)

theminerfamily said...

I think our mom's must have shared the good news of Glaus bakery long ago, we have them for almost every birthday! I knew right what that was when I saw the picture! YUMMY! I cannot wait to have some for my birthday in July!Happy Birthday Andy!

Eric & Laura said...

no way! My best friend is in AF Idol! She's been at Desert Star since last summer. How fun!

Unknown said...

Where is this delightful bakery? I'm always up for something new and delicious!