Friday, April 10, 2009

Strep..... Again

Okay, if you want to skip this post, feel free, because all I'm going to be doing is venting...

If you're still reading, get ready.

I am so SICK and TIRED of giving the medical world my hard earned $$$ (alright, I didn't earn it, but the man I'm in charge of did :)!!! And I am so sick of my sickly kids (well, not just the kids... all of us)!!! If it's not one thing, it's another...

Laylah has had strep 6 or 7 times in the last year. I was just informed today that she is going to need her tonsils out. Oh joy... at least this is her first big thing. She hasn't been one of the expensive ones! (Come to think of it, she's still expensive... oh, and there was that tanning bed I had to pay for for a week when she had jaundice as a newborn... oh, and I just thought of another. She was recently diagnosed with excersised induced asmha (sp?))

Jonah, on the other hand, had two surgeries before the age of two ( tubes in his ears, and eye surgery on his clogged tearducts- unrelated to his current eye thing) and now he has glasses which will force me to see the eye doctor at least 2-4 times a year (if not more) and of course it's my BOY who has this problem, so of course the glasses will probably get broken at some point, and I will have to buy NEW ones. I'm surprised nothing has happened to them thus far, although they are covered in scratches. I'm also forced to buy these ridiculously overpriced eye patches every couple of months! Grrrr...

And then there is poor little Daph, who when she was brand new got RSV and had to be on oxygen for 2 weeks and that machine was like 100 bucks a day. And since then (I swear her immune system was damaged because of that) she is sick about every other week with one thing or another, and I cannot even begin to imagine how many times I have taken her to the doctor. She also has allergies and is constantly on allergy meds so she is not miserable.

That brings us to Baron. He has acually been a quite a healthy little guy, only been to the doctor a handful of times thus far. But I better knock on wood, or he'll be my first with a broken limb I bet. But he's still expensive. I mean, he eats more than me for heaven's sake ;)

Then there's me.... we all know I'm a mess, so moving on...

Andy was just diagnosed with chronic tendonitis... whatever that is. And he also has a bad back, and he catches every virus there is, I swear. Good thing he can work from home on occasion and that his work is so kind.

Last but not least, we have our cute little pup, Sadie. I just found out that she may be pregnant (whoops.... I never got around to getting her spayed, and lets just say we have a few "frisky" male dogs in the neighborhood) Hopefully she isn't, but if and when those little bundle of joys come, I'm sure they'll bring a big vet bill with them.

So there you have it! I am tired of SICKNESS and other costly medical STUFF! I knew kids would be expensive, but COME ON! Give me a break here! Okay, that's all... and if you're still reading... thank you :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! I totally get this post! It is SO frustrating sometimes. My Jordan sounds like a mixture of Jonah and Daphne. Not fun, but at least my Taelor is more like Baron. I hope things take a break for awhile for you guys. You really have had a LOT! Hang in there!

Tara said...

I read it all! Sick sucks. I hate paying for it all the time. You have more than your fair share for sure. I am sorry and I hope everything starts looking up:)

Becca and Brian said...

Hang in there, maybe they will get it all out now and then when they are older they will never get sick, Joe will have great eye sight and Baron will be healthy as a ever and lay will never get strep again! I'm glad you dont let sickness get in the way of your kids having fun. (not one of those moms that keep their kids in the house all day afraid they will get sick "in the bubble") YOu such a good mom hang in there!

Lisa said...

Don't you feel better now that you vented? Sometimes you just need to get it all out so that you can move on. : ) Sorry you guys have had so much to deal with - everyone's trials come differently. Just think, it could be worse. I know, probably not what you were thinking. You have a cute family Sarah!

Joanie said...

We used to be sick like that too. It ended up that we had mold in our house...had no clue. I think Emma's speech problem is because she couldn't hear with all her ear infections during the time she was learning to talk. Everyone seems to be pretty healthy now. I feel your pain. Let me know if we can help in anyway.

SamandJasonfamily said...

Oh Sarah, I 'm so sorry. You do know what doesn't kill you will make you stronger! Hang in there. You are a strong woman and a great wife and mother!!! The exercized induced asthma is controlable. She will just need an inhailer when she has a sporting event or is exerting herself alot. They may even put her on a preventative like flovent.?. I would definately keep albuterol w/you at all times. We have a nebulizer if you ever need it.