Thursday, April 9, 2009

Springtime

I know Spring has supposedly been here for a few weeks, although it has snowed since spring began and most days, is still in about the 50's. I love spring. I think it is my favorite season.

When I think of spring, I think of beautiful smells and flowers...



I think of rain and cleanliness...



But most of all, I think of... new babies!!






We have a good family friend that boards one of his horses where we board ours and his mare became (unexpectedly, ha!) pregnant. She foaled yesterday and had an adorable baby boy. He is so beautiful. I took my kids to see him and they loved it. They just sat and watched him for over an hour. So much fun!

3 comments:

Tara and David said...

That is tooo cute. I love foals, they are just like humans, so innocent and helpless for a while. Love it!

Becca and Brian said...

That is so cool! to bad you couldn't watch him getting born! Well maybe you don't want to see that but I think that would be neat!

Sarah said...

I actually told my dad to call me when he was being born, but she delivered so fast, by the time we got there he was already here. It would have been cool to see though.