Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Baron!!

Well, it happened. My baby turned 1! I can't believe how incredibly fast this past year has gone. I feel like I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago. This first year has gone the fastest of any of my babies. Is time speeding up? It's crazy. Well, here is the past year of Baron's life, in reverse. Watch him get smaller and smaller. Although, he doesn't get to small. He was, after all, my 2nd largest baby at 9 lbs. 11 oz. (and almost 2 weeks early!) I love you baby boy.






















Please excuse this pic... it was 3 in the morning and I was dialated to an 8 by now :) Get me my epidural!!!
Notice how he is smiling in nearly every picture? Bear has been such a happy, fun baby. He's had his moments, of course, but for the most part, he has been a wonderful, good boy. He does have a little temper though, and I'm a little worried for when he's going through the terrible two's because he has tantrums already! Baron loves to play. Ever since he learned how to go down the stairs about 3 months ago, he will go down to the playroom by himself and be occupied for hours at a time. I will check on him and he will be completely content alone. He still loves his bottle, and we are down to one a day. Poor boy will have a rude awakening as soon as this last can of formula is gone, because so will the bottle be. He also loves his bink and at night he will hold 2 in his hands and take turns sucking on them. He also loves to growl. I don't know where he got it from, but he will take any two toys (doesn't matter what- action figures, cars, princesses, barbies, ponies, etc) and he will smash them together and growl like they are fighting. Pretty cute. His favorite toy has got to be a ball. He will throw and chase balls for long periods of time. He loves Sadie and his first sentance was "Hi Sadie!" and he still says this every morning when he wakes up and sees her. He can also say "Hi dad", "mamma", "binky", "uh-oh", and a few more that I can hear, but no one else can :) He also waves hi and bye and will give fives. He has taken a few steps here and there, and I think he will be walking within the month. He loves food, if you can't tell, his favorites being fruit (mostly berries- any kind) and pizza. He also loves most veggies, toast, cereal, peanut butter sandwiches, cheese, yogurt, lunchmeat, eggs, and anything I make for dinner. He's not picky! I don't have his official stats, because his first year appt isn't until next week, but I think he weighs about 27 pounds. And I'm not sure of his height, maybe 31 inches. I'll update as soon as I find out. He's such a wonderful addition to our family and we love him more than words can express. Happy 1st Birthday Bear!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Doesn't that just make you so sad? Its hard to see them grow up, but its fun too! He is a doll! Where do you guys live by the way???

Travis and Cristan said...

He is such a fun addition to your family. What a happy sweet boy! I still remember the day he was bborn like yesterday. I think this year has gone by super fast! Happy b-day Bear!

Joanie said...

Yes, time seems to speed up....I don't get it but that has been my experience. Enjoy every second that you can. Pretty soon, they are moving out, getting married, going on a mission, etc. Soak it all up now!